Saturday, December 8, 2012

South Inner Line Drive Redoubt

I returned to Valley Forge Park one week after the first appreciable snowfall in the autumn of 2012. A big change. No snow. 

The two log huts are the same buildings I photographed with snow on the ground. This time from a different point of view, looking SSW down from South Inner Line Drive.


The sun was already below the hills to the west as I traveled a little bit down the drive. There I found redoubt #3, as listed on the official Valley Forge National Historical Park map. Near the redoubt were the two cannon seen below.


Looking S from near the redoubt on S Inner Line Drive.
Looking ESE with the redoubt in the near background looking E from the bottom of S Inner Line Drive.


©Damyon T. Verbo - all rights reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Leave a comment. I won't bite your head off.